Tuesday 27 September 2016

11 April 2016 - Borderline @ Revolution


Another whopper of a weekend racing bikes down hills with Binnsy, Dave Ingleby & co. 

This time we were on home turf at Revolution for their first ever race. Track was wild in the snow / rain / mud on Saturday but dried out quite a bit for racing on Sunday. 2 race runs, so decided we'd put in a steady one first. Mine was way too steady though & I was a minute down on the category leader. Under instruction from Adrian Bradley & Susha Reynolds to go out in a "blaze of glory" I went for it on my 2nd run. Caught the rider in front, so I'd pulled 30 seconds back on him & was flying but I tried to pass him on a tight technical section & crashed. Tried to recover it on the bottom section but crash probably cost me 10-15 seconds. Was my own fault for going so steady in the first run & seeding down the pack. Everyday's a school day... There was an issue with the timing on second runs so unsure of times but should find out later today.

Thanks to James, Tim, Susha, Jo & all the gang at Revs for putting on an ace weekend. Couldn't help but think "it's always sunny in the 'nog" as the snow fell on Saturday :)

Congrats to Revolution Team riders Louis, Jack & Riley who all smashed it.

Oh, & having raced 3 out of the last 4 weekends & worked away on the other one, thanks to Rachel for being so ace (& letting me watch the World Cup when I got in last night).


No racing for 5 weeks now, but next weekend we're talking to people about racing bikes down hills :)

No comments:

Post a Comment